I’m Rachel Carr.
I am a professional vegan chef, cookbook author (book coming in April!) and blogger. I’m currently living in the Los Angeles area and running a vegan pizzeria in Pasadena CA. In my spare time I share all my tested and perfected recipes with you here. The recipes on this site reflect my life: as a plant based eater, I want to eat fresh and healthy, high-raw recipes as much as I can! My philosophy on raw vegan food is to focus on fresh and light ingredients with basic equipment. I will occasionally post a recipe that features a dehydrator!
What you’ll find here:
- raw vegan recipes, focusing on high nutrient and fresh options, rather that too many heavily dehydrated items.
- lots of juicing and smoothie recipes
- some raw vegan desserts!
- some recipes that can be classified as “high-raw,” or mostly raw!
Some of the vegan restaurants I have worked at as chef:
- Cru, raw vegan restaurant, Los Angeles
- Sun Cafe, vegan restaurant, Studio City, CA
- Six Main Restaurant, farm to table, vegan/vegetarian restaurant, Chester CT
- Chavela, vegan South American cuisine, Hollywood CA
- Wanderlust Café, yoga studio/café, Hollywood CA
- The Pizza Plant, vegan pizzeria, Pasadena CA